Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Betong District


I want to present the Betong district. I am very proud of this district because it is my ancestor district. My grandmother and my grandfather live in this district. Sometimes I went to visit them. I went there by train. The atmosphere is very good. I like to travel by train. Train sideways has many scenery example fruit farm and rubber farm.
Betong district is in Yala province. It located in southern of Thailand. The main occupation is planting rubber tree and fruit. It has population about 50,000 people. The famous fruit in Betong district is durian. Betong also has the OTOP product made by productivity in the district such as water vegetables, bitter sweet, durian chips and coffee. Betong people eat rice that mix with coffee in the morning. My grandmother told me rice with coffee made her dynamic but I never ate rice with coffee.




Betong district has many festivals. The most famous festival is Tong kai festival. Tong kai festival is on 1-5 April. Tong kai festival is about chicken. In Tong kai festival it has the competition. The winner eats most chicken. I ever saw this competition.
First, tourism location is betong hot water. I ever went to betong hot water. We boiled egg in the hot water. Next, Betong tunnel. It belongs to communist. Last, it is Betong mailbox. This mailbox is the biggest mailbow in Thailand. It is about 320 cm. This mail box is still use now.




If you want more information about Betong district cilck this link http://www.betongtown.com

No comments:

Post a Comment