Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thai Village " Ban Pong"


First time I saw this column I was interested in this village. It looks like my dream because I want to live and stay in small green village. After I saw the column in the website. This village named Ban Pong. Ban Pong village located in Chaing Mai Mae Taeng district province Ban Pong. It is only 45 minutes from Chaing Mai to Ban Pong. In Ban Pong village most of people is farmer. Someone is doing farm. There have no factory and conveniences store. Farmers use water from the canal and use a buffaloes to making rice. Somebody is only going to Ban Pong village and pass out. They didn't interest in Ban Pong village but not I. Ban Pong is a green village because it has a small amount of pollution. That is why this village has a healthy air. It has many vistas in this village for example boat quite dive in the lake.This village has many festivals but the famous festival in this village is temple festival. The temple festival will be creating in the temple. The people will give some food. This food is free we don't have to pay for the food such as noodles, sausages, rice, meat ball and desserts. The atmosphere is really good. If I am in the temple festival I will be happiness.

Ban Pong is a rice bowl of Chaing Mai for a long time. It also has potato farm and fruit farm. Fruit farm didn't add a chemicals or we call it is free chemical farm. The fresh vegetables can buy from the farm directly. I think it is a prominent point that it is free chemical farm.

The famous rice type is Khao ngiew. It is rice boiled that cover with banana leaf. It costs only 5 bath/ piece. I think it is very cheap.


This is a picture of Khao ngiew in the festival

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/travelscoop/36897/as-green-as-it-can-get

No comments:

Post a Comment